The world’s only permanent Game of Thrones Studio Tour, officially licensed by Warner Bros./WarnerMedia Consumer Products is set to open it’s doors in Northern Ireland.
Owned and operated by Linen Mill Studios, this world-class family-friendly visitor attraction will welcome visitors into the Seven Kingdoms and beyond to explore the making of all eight seasons of HBO’s global hit series. With original show sets, costumes, weapons and props together with innovative digital experiences, fans and visitors alike will have the opportunity to peek behind the scenes of this authentic TV Studio and relive some of the most memorable scenes from the show.
As a key driver of tourism to, and around the region and an integral part of the Island of Ireland’s tourism recovery ambition, Game of Thrones Studio Tour represents a significant and exciting addition to the both the local and global attraction sector.
To deliver on the strategic vision for this globally positioned attraction and lead the business through a period of establishment and growth, we now seek to appoint a General Manager of the highest calibre.
- Lead the delivery and onward development of a globally branded world-class tourism attraction
- Develop and agree a strategy for the overall business, ensuring all legal, best practice and organisational requirements are met and that the organisation operates at the highest level of excellence and visitor experience.
- Drive the development and managing the delivery of an annual operating plan and associated policies and procedures. This will encompass undertaking effective risk assessment and mitigation around all key aspects of organisational delivery.
- Lead an engaged and inspired team to deliver the company’s strategic vision and business ambitions
We are looking for someone with:
- A proven track record with at least 5 years’ experience of delivering on strategic and operational objectives and targets for an attraction/venue, preferably in the hospitality/tourism or conferencing/exhibitions sector with evidence of successfully contributing as a key decision maker.
- Management of a large scale venue.
- Planning, coordination and execution of an audience/guest experience.
- Significant contract management experience, including the appointment and negotiation of service providers.
- Demonstrable experience of process development, implementation and process improvement.
- Demonstrable experience of developing and leading a multi-faceted team.
- Significant budgetary management experience of £2m+ per year and experience of meeting financial targets, including managing profit and loss accounts and meeting financial targets.
- Proven track record of efficiently managing a wide stakeholder base.
- Managing and motivating a multidisciplinary team of 20 or more employees in accordance with the principles of performance management and personal development.
- Strong understanding and awareness of appropriate Health and Safety Legislation.
- A proven track record of delivering large scale projects on time and in budget.
- Demonstrable experience of managing a ticketing system will be advantageous but not essential.
- A third level degree in a relevant subject, such as Event Management, Facilities Management, Hospitality Management or Business Management, or equivalent qualification will be advantageous but not essential.
The successful applicant will be inspired by and able to meet the requirements in the associated job and person specification.
The closing date for completed applications through CV submission will be 16th October 2021.