We are looking for 2 Duty Managers to join our Visitor Experience team.
Contract Type Full-time permanent
Salary £25,000 annum
Days of Work 5 out of 7 days per week
Sunday- Monday on a rota basis
Pension Employer 5% Employee 4%
Holidays 33 days per annum inclusive of bank holidays
Benefits Excellent benefits package
Learning In house learning and development opportunities
The successful candidate will lead the day-to-day operations aspect of The Studio Tour including customer service, team motivation, managing the guest flow, maintaining high levels of health and safety awareness, and supporting the systems and procedures required to run all aspects of the tour.
Overview of skills and experience required:
- Practical experience of managing and motivating a front of house team in a fast-paced public facing environment
- Experience of achieving challenging KPI targets for a customer service / front of house team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with attention to detail and a professional standard of personal presentation
- Ability to build positive working relationships within and outside the department by establishing rapport and credibility with staff.
- Experience of working with and managing rosters
- Experience of working with a broad range of customers including children, people from varied cultural backgrounds, people with disabilities and those with special educational needs
- Ability to prioritise and coordinate own and team’s outputs
- A passion for the Visitor Attraction Industry, enthusiasm and drive to develop a world class visitor experience
- Enthusiasm for new skills, experiences and ability to be receptive to change
- Confident and comfortable with using computers and other technical equipment. The Studio Tour features many high-tech IT installations.
- Fluent in the English language
- Excellent time keeping skills
- Minimum GCSE English and Maths, Grade A-C
- At least 2 years previous, demonstrable experience, serving as a Duty Manager in a museum / visitor attraction.
- Knowledge of and an interest in the Game of Thrones story
- Conversant in language/s other than English, including BSL
- Qualifications in subject areas which reflect vocational interest such as leisure & tourism, hospitality or customer service
- Any relevant qualifications such as First Aid in the workplace, a tour guiding qualification, Disability Awareness Training, JAM training etc